Abhay Patel
Mrs. Smith
English 11AP
26 August 2026
Blog Q#1
Week 1
The Hobbies That Make Me Me - published (08/26 9:40pm)
Most people probably have a few things they do when they have free time, but I think our hobbies say more about us than we realize. When I think about what I spend most of my free time doing, I notice that my hobbies show different parts of my personality. I think that one of the easiest ways to figure out who I am is to look at what I actually choose to do when nobody is telling me what to do. For me, that usually means playing Valorant, playing cricket, or going somewhere with my friends.
I play Valorant a lot, probably more than I should, if I’m being honest. There is something about being able to immediately go into a game and wanting to win that I really enjoy. Sometimes I can relax and have fun, but then one bad round happens, and suddenly, I start caring about the game too much. But this is a big part about why I like it. I like the feeling of being able to improve and finally do something that I couldn’t do before. Even though it’s just a game, the feeling of winning after trying to secure rounds is really satisfying.
On the other hand, Cricket is different, but I get the same feeling from it. I like being outside, competing, and actually having to actively make decisions for things that are happening around me. When I’m playing, I’m not thinking about school, homework, or whatever else is going on. I’m just focused on the game. I think that’s one of the reasons why I enjoy it so much. It gives me a chance to forget everything else and just play to my hearts content.
Lastly, there are my friends, who I like going out with in general. But rather than just sitting in someone's house and doom scrolling all day, going to concerts or movies are probably some of my favorite things to do together. A concert is always fun because of the music, but honestly, I think I enjoy hanging around with my friends having a good time. Even at the movie theaters, because even when we go to movies that are not the best, we still end up talking about it with each other and making jokes about it. Those are the reasons I remember moments like these forever.
I do not think my hobbies completely define me, but they definitely show parts of me that I might not notice every day. I’m competitive, I like being around my friends, and I like having things to look forward to. Maybe having an identity is not something you can explain in one sentence, but the way I see it, these are things I enjoy doing that make me feel like myself all the time.
Comments
Post a Comment